14 December 2006

Home sweet home

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. (John Howard Payne)


Back home from Bangkok, and I must say it was really a good feeling when the plane touched down at NAIA (as much as I hate that airport!). The trip back, unlike the trip going to Bangkok was shorter and relatively smooth. No major bumps along the way, just the way I like it.

After our meeting ended Tuesday afternoon, the new member of our team, Nuk, took me to Siam Center for a little bit of shopping. Nuk is very nice, and I'm glad to have her on our team. So many things, so little money to spend. That is the story of my life now. I found some cute t-shirts for a couple of nieces and godchildren. At MBK I also came across some Gameboy Advance, and they were selling relatively cheap. Wanted to buy Ben one but I couldn't tell if they were genuine Game Boys. Oh well, some other time. I'm going back again in March anyway, so if I haven't bought him one yet before that I'll see if I can in my next trip.

We also went to Suan Lum night market. Quite close to the hotel where I was staying. I'm pretty much familiar with that area of Bangkok, since that's where I mostly stay when I go there. I would like to visit for vacation though, without work getting in the way. There are so many things to do and see in Bangkok, a few days stay would be nice. Oh well, with Cebu Pacific offering relatively cheap airfares, maybe me and family and friends can plan a visit. That would be nice.

But now here I am back home, and I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home