12 July 2007

I never get what I want...or do I?

I was reading one of my friends' blog in friendster and came across one of her entries. I know I received this in an email sometime ago, and pretty much ignored it. But reading it this time made me stop and think. It goes:

God's Ways

I asked for Strength.........And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom..........And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.....And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........And God gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love...............And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favors...........And God gave me Opportunities.
I got nothing I wanted...but I received everything I needed!


I tend to complain, A LOT! Fortunately, I've been lucky enough to have people around me who love me or like me enough to let me rant. I suppose like most people (although most of us wouldn't admit it), I want to have life and things the easy way. Instant gratification, ika nga.

Paying more attention to this little piece this time made stop and think. And then I gave a silent thanks, not just to God, but to everyone who has any connection to me and for everything I have. I know I'm luckier than many people, despite the fact that I may think otherwise at times. This is especially true when I pay so much attention to what I want that I tend to forget what I need. I have asked for strength, for wisdom, for prosperity, for courage, for love, for favors, and many many more for so long, and even got upset that I didn't seem to get them. I guess I've just been looking at things the wrong way.

I don't want to sound like a goody goody person because I'm not, but I should try a bit harder, shouldn't I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home