05 March 2007

Off to Bangkok...again

It's off to Bangkok again tomorrow for me. The VIV Asia 2007 will be held from 7-9 April, and it'll be good to see the other members of our team again.

Used to be that I looked forward to all these trips out of the country. After all, I get to travel to countries I would otherwise not be able to see. These days though, I'm not quite as excited about the trips, not because I don't want to go, but it would mean time away from Ben. Earlier today, I was telling one of my bosses that while Ben has been telling me that he doesn't like me leaving to go places, truth is I also suffer separation anxiety, probably more so than Ben. I so wish I could bring him along, but that's not going to be practical. Someday, if I'm still holding this job and Ben is older, I just might be able to bring him along on these trips.

On this trip, I even have an extra day in Bangkok that I didn't wish for. I couldn't get a seat on a flight back home on Saturday. I really want to avoid shopping there because 1) I don't really have money to spare; and 2) if I do find my hands with extra money, I really ought not to spend it because I really ought to save. I wonder if I can discipline myself enough.

Wish me a safe trip to and back...

2 Comments:

At 6/3/07 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's off to Bangkok again tomorrow for me. The VIV Asia 2007 will be held from 7-9 April, and it'll be good to see the other members of our team again."

It's either you are leaving for Bangkok a month early or your mind just flies fast . . . ;)

 
At 12/3/07 8:32 AM, Blogger isa said...

I guess I really ought to read my blog entry over before publishing it. Thanks for pointing it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home