17 August 2006

I've moved (again)

For some reason, I couldn't create a new entry in the new blog I created yesterday, so I deleted that one and created (well, re-created actually) it again. Following is what I posted yesterday (so this should be dated and timed 16 August 2006, 12:17 pm):

I've decided to say goodbye to Isa's Ba-Log, my blog in friendster, and start one up in Blogger, where it is more convenient. For those who just might me interested in what I had to say in my old blog, feel free to visit (Isa's Ba-Log). Took me a while to figure out what to name this blog. I considered 'all and sundry' but someone beat me to it. Anyway, since I'll just be babbling on and on in this blog, what I ended up with seems fitting.

What now? What do I write about? I've already got a couple of other blogs and many days (especially these last few months), I really didn't have much to write about. Well, as the name of this blog says, that's just me talking...about practically everything under the sun. Actually, I thought that I'd check out the quotes on my google home page daily, and then try to take my cue from those.

Starting with this: Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. (Oscar Wilde)

I don't know that I agree with Mr Wilde, but I do find it weird that fashion changes so fast. But what do I know? I'm not a fashionista. My usual get-up is jeans and whatever shirt I can lay my hands on.

For a while, I was a sucker for designer clothes, or rather, designer labels. I would get a lot of flack from my family about buying expensive jeans and tops just because they come with a certain name. But that was the extent of my love affair with fashion, I guess. I was never really in the know about the stuff that struts the runways in the fashion capitals of the world. (There was also a time when I was small enough to wear most anything, but that time is long gone.)

Still, looking at fashion magazines and watching the "f" channel, I can kind of understand why Mr Wilde may have said what he did. Some of those stuff are really hideous, and it really boggles my mind when I hear people actually saying how great they look. Truly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A few weeks ago, I actually sat through an entire episode (re-run) of Project Runway, and while there were some nice pieces, most of the stuff I saw weren't exactly flattering, to say the least.

However, paging through the fashion magazines, I see some really, really nice stuff. So, how come the weird stuff in the runways aren't really the ones I see in the mags? Are the stylists in those magazines ignoring those weird stuff too? Whatever, they do have some very nice layouts in fashion mags and some of those clothes, I wish I could afford.

Thankfully, at this point in my life, I no longer care so much about what I wear, so long as I feel comfortable and I look presentable. (At least, I hope I look presentable.) So fashion may come and go...I'll still be in my usual jeans and tops/shirts.

PS: I figured out why I couldn't create a new post...it was a pretty stupid mistake on my part, but never mind. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home